Friday, April 25, 2003

SCHADENFREUDE, or, 'Tis Pity He's a Whore

Well, no it's not really, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow. I refer to Gorgeous George, Mr. Galloway, MP for Kelvin, Leftist Agitator, Member of Parliament and Saddam Financed Thug...or so it would appear from the files that first the Daily Telegraph and now the Christian Science Monitor have been publishing.

The arrest of Tariq Aziz yesterday gave me a special thrill in re Galloway. Aziz, according to the CSM, was one of a committe of four that handled Galloway's financial needs; new wives, Havanas, and villas in Portugal don't come for free, you know. So imagine the beauty of having Tariq Aziz as a witness in the libel trial of Galloway v. Daily Telegraph. I can hardly wait.

And here the entire time I in my innocence thought George, who has publicly pined for the old Soviet Union as a necessary check on US agression, was doing it for beliefs, for ideology. But he's just another expensive ideological trollop. You almost feel sorry for Saddam, to have to rely on such people.

On second thought, I'd rather not.

No comments: