Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Good grief, the Doc is back with a vengeance after his illness...I can smell the vituperation from across the Atlantic.

When Manor House ran over here it was called Edwardian Country House, which I guess says something about the difference in American and English societies, as well as in their historical context, to be sure. They had many more applicants for each of the servant's jobs than they did for the aristocrat's positions. That says something, I take it, about the current class-conciousness in Britain; reverse class snobbery is in, big time.

Now, Doc, you have to put together those talking points I was begging for. Talking points for winning the argument with limp-minded Southerners who back a postmodern sort of, you know, secession; because then people can do, like, their own thing. OK?

And at some point I am going to have to explain why I have more time for reenactors than you do...but not much more.

No comments: