Wednesday, April 23, 2003

A few oddballs:

A student of mine steered me toward two websites he thought I'd appreciate. Since I don't have video capacity on my office computer (It's a Studebaker, I think), I haven't had a chance to see much of these sites yet. The photo gallery in "protest warrior" is hysterical. Check them out: brain-terminal and protest warrior.

And is it me, or does this look like a story out of the Onion:

"Baghdad's self-proclaimed rulers said Wednesday they will use Iraqi government funds to pay all state employees their salaries this month -- with a 1,000-percent raise -- and took credit for progress in getting power, water and hospitals back up and running.

They also claimed the U.S. Army recognizes their authority, meets with them daily and even drove them from Kuwait to Baghdad in American military vehicles. The United States said it doesn't even know who they are."

I may try this myself. Just announce that I am in charge, claim credit for achievements, fire some people, spend some money, see what happens.

And as for the secession drivel, give me a day to recharge. Too much correcting and too little sleep has me a bit tired. Secessionists with "the better argument" indeed.

No comments: