Thursday, October 02, 2008

Why Am I At School Without My Pants?

I've been having this recurring dream that Sarah Palin turned out to be well...not so smart. In my dream, she does interview after interview with Katie Couric where she, well, blathers mindlessly. And it just keeps going and going and you think, "I'm never going to get out of this dream", and there are six or seven or eight interviews, each one worse than the one before. It's horrible.

Except that I am beginning to wonder whether it really is a dream. Maybe it's true. Maybe the smart, articulate woman I remember from the Republican convention a few weeks ago (can it only have been a few weeks?) has had her body taken over by a high school cheerleader who can't name ONE Supreme Court decision that concerns her other than Roe v. Wade and thinks that a "narrow maritime border" between Alaska and Russia equates to foreign policy experience.

No, that can't be it. I'm going to wake up NOW, and Sarah, our Sarah, the crusading governor of Alaska, will be kicking Joe Biden so hard that his foot will finally pop out his mouth.

Please, somebody, wake me up!

No comments: