Monday, January 19, 2004

Oh, go ahead Doc, poor salt in our wounds.

It was a dead boring game, as well. But it is simply further confirmation that God has a wonderful plan for Philadelphia, which involves a hell of a lot of chastisement. What, however, we have done to deserve becoming the Buffalo Bill's of the 21st century, I can't imagine.

As for the other great athletic contest, the Democratic Primary, I don't care what Andrew Sullivan is saying: Dean is going to win the nomination. I have to nail my colours to the mast because I just bet the pater familias a princely sum to that effect.

Remember that a guy by the name of Clinton lost Iowa, and then New Hampshire...and still won, back when pundits like to smugly opine that no man had ever won the presidency without winning New Hampshire. Yah, well, like most of the statistics they fill time with during a football game, that meant: absolutely nothing.

What will happen is a great big media feeding frenzy, great frothing of water, much churning of blood, talk of John Edwards' surge, Wes Clark's lunacy, John Kerrey's stoic determination, blah, blah, blah...and then Howard Dean will still have the nomination.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: