Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I was going to do a bit of a shout out for the Eve of St. Agnes but as Enoch Soames has beat me to it, I'll simply send you along to his page. I found Keats' little letter quite amusing, as he can be a bit of a sugarplum himself, especially when compared to the more mature charms of Messrs. Donne and Herbert, but nonetheless what a sugarplum he was.

If you're looking for more to read on this bitter chill evening, after the SOTU, and in light of the musings below on the anti-American English, I happily refer you to an Irish writer's musings upon the nature of Americans (and also the English), namely Oscar Wilde's The Canterville Ghost.

As the good Doctor has expressed on many occasions his fondness for cocktails, perhaps he would care to make Infusion his signature scent. As for me, I'm going to stick with Channel No. 5.




No comments: