Sunday, January 11, 2004

Live from the AHA

Here's a good article from Sunday's Washington Post on the goings-on at the American Historical Association's annual meeting, where the Doc and I have been busy boozing and schmoozing, as one is wont to do at such professional meetings. Yesterday I dragged him out of the bar and to an actual session (pros like him disdain going to a session to hear colleagues speak; they prefer to drink, or voraciously wander the Book Fair), this one on "Biography and History". It was quite a line-up they had doing the talking-head routine. The Doc's idol Robert Remini was there, and so was my idol John Lukacs. After Lukacs got done speaking for 15 minutes in his light Hungarian accent, the Doc turned to me and said, "I don't care what he said, I'm completely hypnotized."

More on the AHA when the Doc and I get back to our regular blogging stations...

No comments: