Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BTW: This Can't Last

Having just had the most enjoyable week in Republican politics is the last three years or so, I feel I would be letting down my reader (there is at least one person out there reading what I write besides me. Hello?) if I failed to point out that it is extremely unlikely this smooth, fast stretch of good-times is going to last much longer. A brief survey of what could go wrong, and probably will, includes: Sarah Palin's emails to her husband; the family vendetta against the child-tasering ex-brother-in-law; inexplicable claims on State of Alaska per diem; the legislative commission investigating the family vendetta; John McCain's blood pressure, skin cancer or other malady of advancing age; the debates.

What keeps a presidential candidate awake at night? Events, my dear fellow, events.

No comments: