Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Ah the French. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: there are no other more consistently amusing people on the face on the Earth than the French. If they didn't exist, we'd have to invent them, but would it be possible for us to create a people so inherently comic? I think not.

And when it comes to amusement, there is no finer spectacle than the French ripping on the French. They do it with such...elan. I have a friend who hails from France and by the time she finishes her latest critique of the French: their manners, their attitudes, their cleanliness, their government, the general sheep like behavior of the people, even my German genes feel sorry for the French. Once I felt so sorry for the French that I said out loud something vaguely positive about the French and the resulting blistering counter attack lasted a good 5 minutes. It made me appreciate what Caesar went through during the Gallic Wars.

No comments: