Monday, June 07, 2004

I wish I had more time to write, but I am so busy lately. Especially as I have so much to say about Ronald Reagan.

One thing that strikes me is all the talk about the popularity of President Reagan's "sunny disposition" rather than his ideas. It is almost as if the media is saying his personality sold his program rather than the widespread appeal of anti-communism/supply-side economics. I saw Sam Donaldson telling George Will the very thing, that the people liked him more than they did his philosophy.

What total horse manure. Ask youself this: had Ronald Reagan come out in 1980 and campaigned for higher taxes, bigger government, and unilateral disarmament, would the American people have rallied around him in a landslide? Please. No one could have sold that, and Carter certainly tried. The people liked the man and they liked his ideas. His "sunny disposition" and conservative politics were cut from the same cloth.

Some people still don't get it.

No comments: