Monday, April 19, 2004

Many thanks to Jennifer, my good blogging compatriot, for taking up the slack while I was away for the weekend. No, not playing cards with the Veep (although I am always open to that, stout fellow) but attending the christening of my twin neices in Cleveland. Which reminds me, do most call it a baptism or a christening? For some reason I err toward christening, as it sounds more (duh) Christian.

My brother-in-law told me that cicadas invade Cincinnati in biblical proportions every 17 years, and this is year 17.

People who drink Dr. Pepper cocktails are also the types who like vodka martinis. Disgrace. Remain indoors and do not show your face. You are unfit for polite company.

That's about all I have energy for -- after a good night's sleep, I'll be my old prickly self tomorrow.

No comments: