Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Welsh Anglican vicar is being investigated by the local police because (get this) his church bells are too loud and some have complained. File this under "givemeabreak":

However, the vicar said that he was "really annoyed" when he learnt about the investigation.

"I resent being treated in the same way as someone playing their hi-fi at two o'clock in the morning," he said.


"The whole thing is a nonsense - the clock has been in the church for 60 years and it is part of the town's heritage.


"For every complaint that the council has had, I have had half a dozen people telling me what nonsense it all is."


"I just hope that the council will have a degree of common sense about this," he added.

Kids roaring their uber-bass stereos is individual freedom in action; churches ringing their bells is an annoyance. Wake me up when it is over.

Here's when you know you have a problem: you show up for your drunk driving hearing ... drunk:

"You don't show up drunk for a preliminary hearing, especially when it's a drunk-driving case," [Judge Dean] Patton said. "I asked him what he was thinking and he said, 'You told me I could drink at home.'"

And how about this for conclusive on the Dan Rather-Fake Bush memos scandal. Little Green Footballs has clearly nailed it.

Happy Birthday James Fenimore Cooper. His American Democrat is a treat, and a bargain too.

Happy Birthday William Howard Taft, President and Justice. The safe vote in 1912.

No comments: