Thursday, July 15, 2004

As the Act of Contrition notes, "for what I have done and what I have failed to do" -- I am quite contrite for not blogging as of late (a serious sin of omission), shamed by my fellow poster (who also operates a fine establishment over at zambone.com).
 
We are moving to Indiana in (dare I think it) two weeks, to Valparaiso, that thumping heart of Lutheranism in the thumping heartland of America, while we remain a Roman Catholic island amidst it all.  I am glad to see that Hoosiers are pleased with their state, opting to stay rather than move from the "Crossroads of America."
 
Alexander Hamilton, "the greatest American politician never to be president?"  An insightful and inciting remark, no?  Of course it kicks into the shadows a whole host of bright lights, like Henry Clay, John C. Calhoun, Daniel Webster, James G. Blaine, among others.  I probably agree, but...
 
Should the Brits be celebrating Bastille Day?  I say fly the White Flag.
 
Proper celebration of William Blake, a man of vision and visions, and (may my heart not skip a beat) do I read this correctly that the British Empire is no longer a dirty word?
 
And let this be a warning to you: don't smoke in portable toilets.  Lots of gas there.

No comments: