Friday, June 27, 2003

Dragging Things Back Down

That post on Hobbes elevated the tone around here up to nosebleed level, and it's for me to drag it back down. I can't much figure out how, though. It is too hot here in decaying Worcester, MA, to think about much of anything at all.

But here's an observation: these New Englanders love their Dunkin Donuts. I have heard the Doc say, often, "Man, I don't know, but that Dunkin Donuts has wicked good coffee." Here it is, hotter than these people are used to, and they are still walking around town with super-sized Dunkin Donuts cups in their hands. And they ain't Dunkinfrappacinno's, let me tell ya! This is hot Java that they're sucking up!

Moral of the observation: The true Yankee knows what they like, and sticks to it, regardless of the circumstance. It's either stubborness, bullheadedness or impressive consistency: you be the judge.

No comments: