Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I'm not sure what pleases me more: confirmation that Sartre and de Beauvoir were debauched (and did I mention Stalinist apologists?) or the fact that even the French really don't care all that much for them any more. I suppose I'll choose the latter. What better revenge than seeing them totally forgotten. "France hated him when he was alive and shuns him in death," French philosopher Bernard-Henri Levy said.

Ah, that's a shame.

The British Royal family costs the British taxpayer 61p. a year. Whoopdedoo. How much does Parliament cost, with all their junkets and privileges? Congress? What a bargain!

Man fills out a job application at a pizza store, and while waiting for his pizza, changes his mind and robs the store instead. And, yes, he left the application behind. "I would chalk it up to either inexperience or plain stupidity," Clark County prosecutor Frank Coumou told the Las Vegas Review-Journal for a Wednesday report.

According to Any-Day-In-History, today the first doughnut was made. In that case, June 22 ought to be a national holiday.

No comments: