Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bunnie is quite correct. We have all been lax. Semester has finally ended for me, so now that I am out from underneath the correcting perhaps I can resume normal blogging.

Cleaning out the desk drawers of my mind:

- Sorry Clarence. Strict construction of the Constitution and a healthy respect for states rights versus my love of the vine. Waiter! Chardonnay!

- I've never watched a single episide of "Everybody Loves Raymond." And do you know I must be one of the last few Americans who has never seen "ET." And now, out of pure spite, I have no intention of ever seeing it.

- Two books I am reading right now: Patrick O'Brian's Ionian Mission and Sidney Fay's Origins of World War One.

- A boulder appears suddenly in an Iowa cornfield. No one knows how it got there.

-Mr. Soames likes John Wilkes? Now what would Dr. Johnson say of this?

- Match Game, Password, and probably Pyramid were the best game shows. I say this after watching a bit of GSN this week.

- Barrett Wendell on Unitarianism: "The second person of the Trinity having thus lost his mystic office, the third spread wing and vanished into the radiance of a new heaven. In this glorious region the New England Unitarians discerned singly and alone the one God, who had made man in his image. One almost perfect image they recognised in Jesus Christ; a great many inferior but still indubitable ones they found actually to populate the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."

More later.

No comments: