Saturday, May 01, 2004

Lord Curmudgeon, Scottish peer? If I were a rich man, rich man, ...

Like I tell those who are hysterical over the Patriot Act, it is difficult to enjoy your civil liberties when you are dead. Heather MacDonald agrees.

Happy Birthday to the Duke of Wellington, born today in 1769.

Quotes:

"An extraordinary affair. I gave them their orders and they wanted to stay and discuss them." after his first Cabinet meeting as Prime Minister

"By God! I don't think it would have been done if I had not been there" commenting after the battle of Waterloo

"Don't quote Latin; say what you have to say, and then sit down" advice to a new MP

"Nobody cares a damn about the House of Lords; the House of Commons is everything in England and the House of Lords is nothing"

No comments: